In 1911, Immaculate Conception School opened its doors on Prospect Street in Connellsville to serve grades one through twelve. The Diocese of Greensburg formed a regional Catholic school in 1967, creating Conn-Area Catholic, to serve students in first through eighth grade. The merger combined St. Rita of Cascia, St. John the Evangelist and Immaculate Conception schools, all in Connellsville, as well as St. Aloysius School in Dunbar.
Seventh and eighth grade were moved to Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School in 2006, forming a junior high program. That same year, Conn-Area Catholic also opened a preschool program.
In 2011, Conn-Area Catholic moved to its current home, on the Geibel Catholic campus on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville.
For an in-depth school history, please view the article, "A Century of Christ-Centered Education" by Karen Hechler.