Go on an adventure this summer, in the comforts of your own home.
Each teacher has chosen a chapter book for their ‘incoming’ students to read over the summer months. You can purchase your book at your local bookstore or check it out at the public library. Just read the book sometime before August 16. If you are too young to read a chapter book, a family member may read it to you. On August 16th, all club members are invited to the school to meet with their classmates and teacher for a gathering session. At that time you will discuss the book and do a fun activity relative to the book, as well as enjoy a pizza lunch. Join in!
11:00 – Discussion
11:20 – Activity
11:40 – Pizza Lunch
12:00 – Parent Pick-up
- First Grade – Junie B. First Grader (at last) by Barbara Park
- Second Grade – The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary
- Third Grade – Ramona Quimby Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
- Fourth Grade – Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Fifth Grade – Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein
- Sixth Grade – The Crossover (graphic novel also acceptable) by Kwame Alexander